Friday, January 6, 2017

First post of 2017!

Ah, the feeling of posting on a fresh year.  It's like being the first person to walk across a fresh field of snow...

Speaking of snow, we are currently expecting Snowpocalypse 2K17.  I have already made the customary trip to the grocery store for milk and bread.  Hopefully, we won't lose power.

So, the first read of 2017 will be Feed by Mira Grant.  Nothing says optimism for the new year like a zombie novel.  So far, it's pretty good, and I'm looking forward to reviewing it.

I have been listening to a lot of podcasts lately, too.  My new favorite podcast is King Falls A.M. . It's  a lot like Welcome to Nightvale, but more X-files and supernatural activity and less Lovecraft and government experimentation.  I love the interaction between Ben and Sammy.  They play well off of one another.  But my favorite interaction was between  Ben and the crew of Mission: Apparition, where they had an argument entirely in boy-band song quotes.

Another podcast I enjoy listening to is The Myths and Legends Podcast, which I may have mentioned here before.  These are basically bedtime stories for adults.  The stories are well-researched and told in a fun, approachable manner.  It makes for great supplementary material for college literature classes, or just to have something to listen to when you're cleaning the house.  There are a lot of Western myths and legends, but he does take suggestions for non-Western stories, which he then researches and presents.  Even if you think you know a story, you should listen to his version of it - you're bound to hear a new twist on it.

Hopefully in 2017, I'll be able to post more often.  I want to talk more about books, and other things, too.  Do you have any requests or suggestions for posts? Drop me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment